Saturday, March 2, 2013

"The Fruit of The Spirit" Easter Egg


        In order to make this Easter egg, you will need to purchase a small bag of alphabet pasta. DaVinci brand makes an alphabet pasta that is ideal and when you have finished the Easter craft, you can save the left overs for homemade tomato soup!
       I first cover my large, plastic egg with white glue and newsprint and set it aside on wax paper to dry over night. Then I pasted the three dimensional, paper flowers by Martha Stewart onto my egg. After letting the paper flowers dry, I then glued the pasta to spell out the fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace, forbearance (patience), kindness, goodness, faithfulness (loyalty), gentleness and self control.
      After the glue used to paste the pasta on the egg dried, I dipped my finger into a little black, acrylic paint and dabbed the alphabet letters with a bit of color. This enhanced the lettering so that it could be seen better. After the paint dried I used Mod Podge to seal the surface of the egg completely.
 
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23 - New International Version (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated.