Sunday, January 27, 2013

An Easter Egg Decorated With Candy Sprinkles


      I decorated this large Easter Egg with the candy sprinkles people normally use on holiday cookies. I worked on a styrofoam egg with white school glue. Because the colors in the candy sprinkles are made with food dyes, a slow drying glue or a cold room temperature may react with the delicate sprinkles to create a mushy mess. It is very important to use fast drying glue and to set the egg out to dry in front of a warm vent.
      I then sealed the surface of this Easter egg with Mod Podge in order to prevent the surface from crumbling. This egg will probably only last a few years at best, but I had fun working with different materials.
       The design reminds me of Van Gogh's "Starry Night." If I were to craft an egg similar to this one again, I would use seed beads instead and save the candy for an Easter desert.

More Related Content:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. All comments are moderated.